THE CITY OF THE DUKES
The Lombard masterpieces of Spoleto
A day dedicated to Spoleto, the Capital of Lombard Duchy, with an urban tour that will introduce visitors to the main Lombard monuments of the town
- Arrival in the morning and start of the tour from Palazzo Mauri an elegant XVII century noble palace, today the Municipal Library, where the Lombard info point is located. Visit to the ancient Lombard mosaics found on the floor during the palace last restorations. Short walk to Palazzo Pianciani where we can admire another spectacular Lombard mosaic that has recently come to light.
- Visit to the National Museum of the Duchy of Spoleto in the Rocca Albornoziana, a great experience discovering its ancient medieval architecture and its rich exhibition of the Lombard Age, where we will also admire one of the best views of Spoleto Valley. The high position of the fortress dominates the enchanting beauty of the surroundings.
- Stop for lunch in the city centre tasting typical dishes and free time for shopping of handicraft and food & wines productions.
- In the afternoon, visit to the Church of San Ponziano where the relics of the Saint protector of Spoleto are preserved, and Basilica of San Salvatore, one of the main Lombard monuments of Central Italy and a World Heritage Site since 2011.
Itinerary by foot
Summary information on accessibility *
The tour through the historical centre of Spoleto can be difficult for wheelchair users and, in some points, for people with walking difficulties. It is advisable to contact the Tour Operator in advance to have directions on how to access the restricted traffic area and reach the points of interest by car.
San Ponziano and San Salvatore are outside the historic centre and reaching them on foot requires a walk of about half an hour down and uphill. It is advisable for people with walking difficulties to reach them by car.
Price per person (average price). The final price should be agreed with the TO from time to time
- with at least 25 participants: € 50
- with at least 15 participants: € 60
- with at least 7 participants: € 80
- individuals (less than 7 persons): by request, special arrangements
Price includes: tourist guide, lunch, entrance ticket for the National Museum of the Duchy of Spoleto, including VAT.
 Following the damage suffered in the recent earthquake, the interiors of the Basilica are temporarily closed to visitors. They can only be admired through the front portal.
* Detailed information on the accessibility features of the Spoleto urban path and the Lombard points of interest can be consulted on the ALL project website in the descriptive page of the itineraries: www.acrosslombardslands.eu/itineraries
Tasting Travel di Daniela Cittadoni
via Plinio il Giovane,7 – 06049 – Spoleto PG Italy
Tel: 0039 348 8620878
Skype: daniela.cittadoni (spoleto – Italy)