The UNESCO sites of the Duchy of Spoleto
A day dedicated to the visit of the two monuments of the Duchy of Spoleto enrolled in the World Heritage List within the serial UNESCO site “Longobards in Italy. Places of the Power (568-774 A.D.)”
- Arrive in the morning in Spoleto and visit to the first UNESCO site: the Basilica of San Salvatore, one of the main Lombard monuments of Central Italy.
- Departure to Campello sul Clitunno and visit to the scenic surroundings of the Clitunno Springs, one of the main attractions of the naturalistic landscape of Umbria, celebrated in antiquity by Pliny, Virgil and Propertius.
- Lunch in a restaurant nearby the Clitunno Springs.
- Afternoon visit to the other UNESCO site of the Duchy: the Clitunno Temple, a small chapel in the shape of a Corinthian temple, a masterpiece of religious architecture from the structural, decorative and landscape point of view.
- Return to Spoleto and departure.
Itinerary by bus/minibus or private car
Summary information on accessibility *
Clitunno Temple is not fully accessible to wheelchair users. They can reach the outside area with some difficulty and the help of a companion (there are a threshold of 1,5 cm, a step 11 cm high and a ramp of 17% slope) and admire the temple from outside but cannot access it inside. There are 12 steps with handrail to enter the temple.
Price per person (average price). The final price should be agreed with the TO from time to time
- with at least 25 participants: € 50
- with at least 15 participants: € 60
- with at least 7 participants: € 80
- individuals (less than 7 persons with their own car): by request, special arrangements
Price includes: tourist guide, transport, lunch, entrance ticket for the Clitunno Springs and Clitunno Temple, including VAT.
 Following the damage suffered in the recent earthquake, the interiors of the Basilica are temporarily closed to visitors. They can only be admired through the front portal
* Detailed information on the accessibility features of the Lombard points of interest can be consulted on the ALL project website in the descriptive page of the itineraries: www.acrosslombardslands.eu/itineraries
Tasting Travel di Daniela Cittadoni
via Plinio il Giovane,7 – 06049 – Spoleto PG Italy
Tel: 0039 348 8620878
Skype: daniela.cittadoni (spoleto – Italy)